My bucket list…..
In no particular order – and with no better name for it – this is a list of places I’d like to go and things I’d like to do … at some point in time.
Some are possible and will indeed be ticked off, some will remain a dream.
This list will certainly grow as does my love of travel and encountering new things/places/people.
(with help from the Kiwi Blog Bus to get to many of these destinations)
- Bay of Islands – I want to see dolphins
- Dunedin, to compare to my former resident town of Edinburgh
- Queen Charlotte Sound, a boat trip around the coves and bays
- Christchurch- we have been before but it’s a very different place since the quakes
- Akaroa – I want to see dolphins
- Fiordland – I’d love an overnight boat trip on the Sounds
- Northland (we’ve only made it up as far as Wellsford so far!)
- Lake Tekapo – has looked stunning on every picture I see
- Whanganui National park for some kayaking on the river
- Nelson – show me that sunshine
- Mount Aspiring National Park – I have to visit with a name like that
- Arthur’s Pass – a “must-do” road
- Waiheke Island, with a couple of wineries for good measure
- Queenstown and Arrowtown – Beautiful and I might find gold
- Either of the South Island Glaciers – Franz Josef or Fox
- Abel Tasman National Park/Golden Bay and a spot of kayaking
- Blenheim – more wineries please
- Stewart Island – with or without bus
- White Island – just how awesome to visit a live volcano on an island!
- Kaikoura – boat trip – I want to see dolphins
- Australia – never been, have to go
- France – revisit – still so many places there I’d like to go
- Greece – well… obviously… did you see Mama Mia?
- Switzerland – revisit – visit my brother
- Canada – the big wilderness waiting to be explored by a bus
- Peru – a childhood dream, maybe to see Paddington Bear
- Italy – revisit – love this country (and their food) but still loads I haven’t seen there
- China – see what the fuss is about this darn wall
- Caribbean Islands – any of them, just stick a pin in the map
- U.S. – lots of places but particularly New York (my daughter and I have a pact to go there the year she is 18 and I’m 50!)
- India – but not roughing it, I want to do it in style
- Russia – I love vodka
- U.K. – revisit – go back to see old friends in the place I once called home
Could I possibly do that??
- Learn French – oui, merci
- Lose two stones – we will speak no more about this
- Catch a fish – and then give it someone else to cook for me
- Write a book – and have it published
- Learn sign language – so I can talk to everybody
- Improve my running eg. do it without stopping breathing
- Own a highland cow – don’t know why but it would be called Elvis
- Learn to appreciate seafood (I want to and I’m trying but sometimes…bleurgh)
- Learn to play the piano – properly
- See the Northern or Southern Lights
- Successfully research my family tree – I’ve started but hit some snags
Move to New Zealand, buy a bus and start a blog about our travels
This post can also be found in “Random Stuff”
I am open to suggestions (for the bucket list and the blog!) so please pass on any ideas