In no particular order – and with no better name for it – this is a list of places I’d like to go and things I’d like to do … at some point in time.
Some are possible and will indeed be ticked off, some will remain a dream.
This list will certainly grow as does my love of travel and encountering new things/places/people.
Bay of Islands –(went Jan ’13 – further trip required, hopefully including a boat next time!)
- Dunedin, to compare to Edinburgh where I used to live
- Central Otago – rail trail (& wine trail) maybe visit Sam Neill’s place
East Cape(Dec/Jan’12 – a memorable journey)
- Christchurch- we have been before but it’s a very different place since the quakes
- Akaroa – I want to see dolphins
- Fiordland – I’d love an overnight boat trip on the Sounds
Northland(Jan’13 – amazing place, needs more exploring)
- Lake Tekapo – has looked stunning on every picture I see
- Whanganui National park for some kayaking on the river
- Nelson – show me that sunshine
- Mount Aspiring National Park – I have to visit with a name like that
- Arthur’s Pass – a “must-do” road
- Waiheke Island, with a couple of wineries for good measure
Queenstown and Arrowtown(I’m lucky to have visited a couple of times – but not yet in the campervan)
- Either of the South Island Glaciers – Franz Josef or Fox
- Abel Tasman National Park/Golden Bay and a spot of kayaking
- Blenheim – more wineries please
- Stewart Island – with or without bus
- Kaikoura – boat trip to to see whales and… swim with dolphins 🙂
Australia(have had a few trips now for work and holidays)
- France – revisit – still so many places there I’d like to go
- Greece – well… obviously… did you see Mama Mia?
- Switzerland – revisit – go see my brother
- Canada – the big wilderness waiting to be explored by a bus
- Peru – a childhood dream, maybe to see Paddington Bear
- Italy – revisit – love this country (and their food) but still loads I haven’t seen there
- China – see what the fuss is about this darn wall
- Brazil/Argentina – visit the magnificent Iguazu falls
- Caribbean Islands – any of them, just stick a pin in the map
- U.S. – lots of places but particularly New York (my daughter and I have a pact to go there the year she is 18 and I’m 50!) 2020 update – hmm the NYC trip was booked and then… COVID 😦
I’ll keep in on the bucket list as I’m determined to get there
- India – but not roughing it, I want to do it in style
- Russia – I love vodka
Could I possibly do that??
- Go to sea on a big BIG sailing boat – Johnny Depp can come too if he likes
- Learn French – oui, merci
- Make cheese – any kind but the smellier the better
- Lose two stones – we will speak no more about this
- Catch a fish – and then give it someone else to get rid of the bones & yucky stuff
- Write a book – and have it published
- Learn sign language – so I can talk to everybody
- Improve my running eg. do it without stopping breathing
- Own a highland cow – don’t know why but it would be called Elvis
- Learn to appreciate seafood (I’m trying but come on… it’s like eating salty rubber bands)
- Learn to play the piano – properly
- See the Northern or Southern Lights
Move to New Zealand, buy a bus and start a blog about our travels
When you go to Kaikoura, don’t just see the dolphins, go swimming with them. It’s an adventure you will never forget.
I’ve just seen a picture of my neice swimming with dolphins and am very jealous.
I think you’re right – I will amend my bucket list 🙂
I love the idea of a bucket list – I think I will add one to my blog! I’ve been to a few of the places on your New Zealand list (Christchurch, Fjordland, Queenstown) and loved them all, and I’m currenlty living in New York City. Great place to visit!
So many places I want to go…. sigh!
At least I am able to travel to many wonderful New Zealand spots quite easily in the bus – the rest of the world may have to wait for me a bit longer 😉
I sooo want to steal some of your brilliant ideas (especially) from your “can I possibly do that list” for my next 101 things in 1001 days challenge.
– learning sign language was a goal about 10 years ago but kids, work, etc pushed it completely out of the picture and your reminded me of it again.
– The Northern and Southern lights are BOTH on my “in my lifetime” list.
– Johnny Depp, do understand there is a queue 🙂
Steal away – perfectly understandable (especially Johnny Depp!)
I’m now 70 and have done quite a number of things on your list. Alot of them I still have to do…. So I better get a move on….
Good on ya!
Best of luck with your travels 🙂
Nga Manu Nature Reserve !!! Must experience. And when in Australia try to spend a week or two on Kangaroo Island, really amazing place!
Now that we’ve just bought our first camper, we must do a bucket list! So much to do, so little time! But we’ll be checking back here regularly to get some tips 🙂